Why Is Perfume So Expensive
Fragrance Spice introduces Why Is Perfume So Expensive while aiming to bringing joy into your everyday life.
Why Perfumes Sell Like Gold:
You sniffed endlessly as you patrolled the isles of the fragrance department in a mall until a scent caught your attention. Side-by-side were two elegant bottles of perfume which smelled almost identical yet the price tag of one had more zeroes than the other. What gives?
The Values and Benefits of Every Extra Zero:
You probably have heard the expression ‘You pay for the name.’ Agreeably when you opt to buy an A- lister perfume, you might as well replace the brand’s name – or the perfume’s nomenclature – with dollar signs.
But is it enough to ‘go with the flow’ of a traditional expression? Or would you prefer to dive into what makes a perfume worth every additional zero?
- High-grade ingredients – Flowers are flowers whether they come in red, pink, yellow, or any color in between. However, there are the rare varieties whose essences could be cultivated for a fine-quality perfume. While rarity shouldn’t connote excellence essentially. The effort invested into the research on acquiring such scarce findings may translate to the same grit employed by the perfumery brand in creating masterpieces that could dictate a high price. Let’s take one of the most expensive essential oils in designer perfumes – rose oil. To collect a mere ounce of the essence, a hundred pounds of rose petals must be processed!
- One of its kind – Think along the lines of the Rolls-Royce luxury cars – no one unit would identify with another. If a certain perfume essence couldn’t be bought anywhere other than the house that created it, chances are, it would call for more than one additional zero in its tag. You must admit, the word ‘exclusive’ always connotes an air of privilege – and it comes with a handsome price.
- Packaging and Marketing – If you spend years in research on a blend that would put your perfume at the top of the hierarchical fragrance throne, would you settle for a mundane box packaging or a few-minute teaser advertisement? Elite perfumers spend millions to ensure that their perfume bottles have intricate and elegant etchings edge that speak of their brand and consumers that the essences are well-preserved within by a reliable cap. They would invest in high-profile people to endorse their perfume because these personalities could convert millions of others into new customer base. These ‘extravagant’ efforts would be included in the books as an expenditure ‘to recover.’
- Longevity – Base notes rule this factor. While inexpensive perfumes could replicate the opening and sometimes, even the middle notes, base notes usually don’t join the band. The endnotes’ essence lingers on your skin the longest because most of the expensive ingredients are captured on this level. Perfume houses create fragrances whose base notes are leveraged for the optimal lingering effect on you. Therefore, the complete ensemble of the three-note band demands a price worth imprinting on a scented parchment instead of a regular bond.
Check Out Some Our Premium Quality Fragrances For Men:
Appropriately, its sable-hued bottle with gold lettering, the embossed brand insignia and the classic crown-shaped gold cap evoke the same air of mystery as its aromatic profile is intended to conjure.
This is a part of Tom Ford's premium Private Blend Collection. With the help of notable perfumer Richard Herpin, the famous fashion label came up with an exotic and distinctive fragrance.
Gold Versus Bronze:
In terms of metal jargons, it’s obvious that gold is more precious in comparison to one of its usual contenders – bronze. Now, in the perfumery sense, do gold-label perfumes outcry the scents that you could buy for less? Answers may vary but the bottom line is that the value and benefits is what matters to you the most.
- Knock-offs are usually replicas of an original perfume’s top notes – the opening scent that lasts in less than an hour. If you don’t mind the ‘retouch’ every hour or two to keep the scent on, the money you’d save would allow you to get another bottle or that jogger’s watch you’ve been eyeing for a while. Otherwise, hold back on that second Starbucks Frappe so you could save for the gold.
- Less-expensive perfumes may not necessarily be fakes, but they lack the sophistication of well-blended head, heart, and base notes. Remember the rare ingredients we discussed earlier? While some less pricey perfumes do have the three notes, the quality of the ingredients dictates the lasting and pleasant essence produced. But if you’re a fan of citruses and wouldn’t mind whether it’s orange or Italian lemon, who wouldn’t want to smell good for less?
- A four-digit price tag doesn’t always mean that the perfume bottle it’s hanged on has a better-smelling liquid inside than the one with a two-digit tag. It still boils down to what scent appeals to you more. You have a distinct olfactory appreciation from even your identical twin. In the same manner, no two perfumes would smell the same on you because each perfume blend would react differently with your own aura.
Some Of Our High End Top Quality Fragrances For Women:
BACCARAT ROUGE 540 BY MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 6.8 OZ
In the grand scheme of things, the very factors that shoot up the price of a bottle of perfume are the same parameters that allow other perfumers to step down a notch in pricing.
While generally, perfumes that cost more also linger longer, smells more enticing, and looks captivating. Your nose and the experience you get would ultimately be the final judge.
Like And Follow Us On Social Media:
Other Recommended Topics: